The Rotary Peace Fellowships are offered on a world–competitive basis. Each Rotary district may nominate candidates for competition in the worldwide selection process. Up to 40 fellowships for certificate program are offered annually at Rotary Peace Center at Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
Follow these steps to ensure that your application receives consideration.
- Thoroughly research academic programs in which you are interested.
- Check with your local Rotary club for application deadlines.
- Be specific in your application as to your past and future commitment to working towards peace.
- Make clear, detailed points on how the Fellowship will help you achieve your long-term goals. The selection committee strongly considers future plans and goals, so clearly state how this fellowship will affect your future aspirations. Don’t assume that the person reading your essay will automatically make the connection between your goal and what the fellowship offers.
- Read the questions carefully and be sure to answer each of them clearly.
- Be honest. Every applicant has a story and a reason for wanting to dedicate their life to peacebuilding. Essays that are honest and tell a true story are the ones that come alive and best engage the reader.
- Don’t use lists. Instead of listing a lifetime of accomplishments, focus on the achievements that tell your story best. Elaborate on how you reached your goals and the impact this had on others.
- Organization is important. Make an outline of key points you’d like to convey, and use that as a guide.
- Always review your writing for spelling and grammar mistakes.
For Professional Development Certificate Program, it requires two professional recommendations and one of which must be from the current employer.
You can select colleagues, supervisors, and employers as your professional reference(s). A professional reference should know why you are applying to the fellowship program and how you are a good fit.
When choosing a reference, look at the recommendation form carefully and consider whether the person you have in mind would be able to answer all pertinent questions. You are encouraged to ask your reference to write thorough examples. This increases the quality of your recommendation and shows that the reference is a reliable resource when determining your candidacy for the fellowship.
Get in Touch
HOW TO APPLY
All Rotary Districts are encouraged to recruit qualified candidates in their area to apply for the fellowship.