Each year, the Rotary Foundation awards up to 40 fully funded fellowships for dedicated leaderto study
at Rotary Peace Center at Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
Through academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities, the Rotary Peace Centers program develops the Peace Fellows into experienced and effective catalysts for peace, andconflict resolution in their communities and around the globe.
The Rotary Peace Professional Development Certificate program in Peace and Development is a 12 month interdisciplinary fellowship program that balances theoretical, practical learning and project based contribution with the emphasis on building positive social systems through the concept of “Positive Peace Building”. The program aims to build professional capacities for mid-career candidates by capitalizing on experiences of expert instructors and mentors, while fellows can learn from each other through exchanges of varied field experiences. This program is a combination of home-based learning facilitated by online media, a residential course in Bangkok including field visits and project practicum. Fellows can apply theory and practice from intensive lecture courses, directly to their project practicum contributing to social change in their own field. It is a program for experienced leaders to gain practical tools for promoting peace, conflict resolution and international development through academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities.
- Specialization: Professional Development Certificate in Peace and Development
- Duration: Two sessions per year: January – March & June – August
- Lecturers: A list of 20-30 lecturers/instructors per session
- Fellows Profile: Study with an international cohort of up to 20 professionals from diverse background
- Study: Classroom Learning & Domestic and International Field Study Experience
- Field Study: Two field studies/cohort (1 Domestic, 1 International) during the Bangkok residential course
- Language of Instruction: English
- Peace and Conflict Analysis
- Conflict Transformation and Social Change
- Peace Leadership and Change Making
- Individual Project Design and Plan
- Duration: 12 months, beginning in January or July
- Course Plan: 12 months program entails; a homebased 3-month pre-program preparation; a 10-week residential course at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok; a 9-month homebased practicum with mentor and peer support; 1 week consolidation residential session in Bangkok.
Room and board
Tuition and fees
Field study expenses
Medical and travel insurance
Get in Touch
HOW TO APPLY
All Rotary Districts are encouraged to recruit qualified candidates in their area to apply for the fellowship.
Life at Chula, Chula Campus Map, Chula Accommodation, Chula Health Service Center